Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Trump Shit List

Evangelical leaders, whom I used to think I ought to respect for no other reason than...blind acceptance of patriarchal leaders, who are on my shit list for not standing up against Trump until it was either too late or convenient for their ministries. Links provided.

Wayne Grudem x, y
John Piper x, y, z
Max Lucado x, y

I'll keep adding to the list. It's just a start. Any suggestions?

I watched these men keep silent over and over as Trump spoke about Mexican people, Chinese people, Black Americans, Muslims. Then suddenly, when his comments affect their wives, daughters, and mothers, white women, they're suddenly against him with Bible verses in tow. Or, they always have to add a caveat about Hillary Clinton being just as bad. I've never like HRC's new liberal policy decisions, but she is not Trump. It's also a cop out to ask either of them to drop out. No, you make a decision and stand by it, you patriarch you.

No comments:

Post a Comment